Switching between remote access providers
Remote access has become a crucial part of industrial automation — there’s no denying that. There are several options on the market for those who are looking to start or improve their remote access capabilities. Comparing these options can, however, be quite tricky. But we’re happy to help you get started! Together with Pieter van der Zweep from Dymotec, we’re looking back on their decision to switch to the IXON Cloud.
Why did Dymotec switch to IXON?
- Simple configuration of connectivity with the IXrouter
- IXrouter is up and running within seconds
- A fully web-based platform
- Ease-of-use and intuitive use of the IXON Cloud
- Quality and design of the IXrouter
Dymotec had already been using an industrial remote access solution when they ran into IXON at the Indumation trade fair in Belgium. “Something about IXON sparked my interest,” says Pieter. “That’s why we invited IXON over to compare their solution with the solution we used at that time.”
What motivated Dymotec to replace their initial solution? “There are several things I like about IXON,” Pieter starts. “First of all, it’s very easy to configure an IXrouter compared to the router we had previously. You’ll have it up and running within seconds.” The IXON Cloud is fully web-based, something that Dymotec values highly. There’s no additional software required. “It’s easy to navigate through your machines with the intuitive usability of the IXON Cloud,” says Pieter. “It’s really simple.”
Pieter continues: “Our previous solution had many different routers which were all made of plastic and have a bulky design. IXON offers one simple, standard model which is compact and has a nice appearance because of its metal casing.” Besides the standard connectivity methods as Ethernet, 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi, IXON also has an all-in-one IXrouter which combines Ethernet, 4G and Wi-Fi.
IXON is much more than a remote access solution - what others have to say:
- IXON’s configuration is extremely easy, something which was rather complex at our previous solution. This saves us heaps of valuable time.
- You can structure your customers in an organised manner and manage user permissions on the IXON Cloud.
- IXON has really created a gap with other solutions in terms of machine insight and a technical, user-friendly, no code platform.
- With our previous solution, it wasn’t possible to access machine performance by visualising data. IXON already had this service available.
- Free and unlimited number of users and connections on the IXON Cloud.
- The VPN connections were often not stable with our previous provider.
- At IXON they keep their customers in mind when developing and improving their platform.
- With the IXON Cloud, it’s easier to give the customer access.
The support provided by IXON really makes a difference.
Discover IXON’s all-in-one IIoT solution that combines cloud and connectivity. IXON is your gateway to Industrial IoT. Create your own IoT portal without any coding and easily connect, maintain and analyse your industrial machines and systems. The integrated connectivity solutions are fully managed and configured on the IXON Cloud. Setting up a secure connection and IoT portal has never been so easy! Start small and scale your business as you go on your journey to Industry 4.0.
Now you know why our customers chose for IXON Cloud, you may want to learn more about how they use it and how they benefit from our solution.