SIGNL4 integration with IXON Cloud
Rapid response to critical machine alarms
There are many factors that can adversely affect the operation of machines, from simple changes in shift work to machine breakdowns, machines exceeding limits, incidents or health checks that end up in problems. All of these are examples of everyday events that can occur in industrial environments, that have a significant negative impact on your Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
To expand on mobile alerting functionality and add escalation management and duty planning to IXON Cloud, we are partnering with SIGNL4.
SIGNL4: mobile alerting app for machines and systems
SIGNL4 is a lightweight mobile alerting app for IT Ops, manufacturing, facility management and IoT. SIGNL4 adds critical mobile alerting to your machines, services and systems in no time. It bridges the ‘last mile’ from IT systems, machines and sensors to engineers, IT staff and workers in the factory and field.
SIGNL4 adds mobile alerting and incident response capabilities to IT, IoT, SCADA and other technical systems. Upon critical events it notifies team members reliably through persistent mobile push, text and voice calls with acknowledgement, tracking and escalation. SIGNL4 provides for faster response to critical alerts, major incidents and urgent service requests.
“How can I access my machine’s data?”
This is a common question from SIGNL4 users. To ensure that data from industrial devices can be collected and transferred to the SIGNL4 platform easily, quickly and securely, there is now an integration with IXON Cloud.
IXON Cloud + SIGNL4 integration
IXON Cloud is an open cloud platform for the manufacturing industry. This means that all machine/system data collected and stored securely in the IXON Cloud can be used in external applications using the API or webhooks. You can trigger Cloud Notify events in external applications like SIGNL4.
To make it even easier for you to connect to SIGNL4 and use the power of both platforms, a ready-to-use integration with SIGNL4 has been set up.
- Service engineers alerted via mobile push, text and voice
- Integration with SIGNL4 via webhook or email (SMTP)
- Staff can acknowledge and take ownership of critical events
- Alerts are escalated after no response
- Communicate within an alert to address a particular problem
- Tracking and visibility of problem solutions
- Integrated on-call duty planning
- Alert on critical IoT device states
View the integration page.
Test a full critical scenario with IXON Cloud and SIGNL4 for free
If you are new to the IXON Cloud or SIGNL4, you can create a full test scenario (from machine event to mobile alert) for free. You need these requirements to get started:
- SIGNL4 account: you can create a 30-day trial
- IXON Cloud account: you can create your free IXON Cloud account here
- IXrouter or IXagent to connect your PLC to the IXON Cloud. Request an evaluation kit to test it for 30 days — free of charge and obligation
- Cloud Notify license: you can request a 30-day trial here or activate the trial yourself on your IXON Cloud account.
Once you’ve connected your industrial device to the IXON Cloud, you can configure a data source and variables in the IXON Cloud. The IXrouter or IXagent collects machine data automatically and makes it available for triggers and alarms in Cloud Notify and SIGNL4.
Find the detailed integration steps on the SIGNL4 integration page.
Get started with advanced mobile alerting & escalation services for your machines
and get started with the SIGNL4 integration.