Renewed IXON Developer Portal
The ultimate guide to IXON’s extended API services for developers
Users of IXON’s Industrial IoT platform now have full access to the renewed Developer Portal. This public portal contains API documentation, an overview of API endpoints and built-in testing capabilities.
Introduction to IXON’s open IIoT platform
The IXON Cloud is an open and expandable Industrial IoT platform that can even provide more business value when it’s integrated with other IT platforms. To maximise your business value you can expand our product using the IXON API.
The IXON API is based 90% around REST and 10% around WebSocket. Our API has predictable resource-oriented URLs, accepts JSON-encoded request bodies, returns JSON responses, and uses standard HTTP response codes, authentication, and verbs. In addition, there are certain API request headers which are mandatory to obtain data.
To help you get the most out of it we upgraded the developer portal to help you find the right endpoints to integrate IXON in your custom (mobile) application.
- A changelog of new API releases
- All new endpoints with an explanation
- ‘Try it’ feature to test any endpoint and its results.
To get started you need:
We published an API sample project in TypeScript which can be downloaded on GitHub.
Looking for inspiration?
There are many ways to integrate IXON Cloud in custom applications. Following the footsteps of successful implementations like:
- Fancom integrated VPN functionality and user management into their custom-built smartphone app.
- IOdash developed a universal platform to which multiple systems can be connected, where they can combine machine data with other data from an ERP system. Read the full use case.
- Procesmatch connected IXON to Power BI for advanced dashboarding. Find out more.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any technical questions or if you're looking for a specific use case. We're happy to help you along.
Explore IXON Cloud features
Any IXON Cloud feature can be used in external applications. If you are new to IXON you can explore all features here. You can also explore and test our platform in our interactive product tour.